I originally posted this list in January 2007. However, through my keen observation skills, I discovered that all computer users have not yet read and digested this information. For this reason, I’m posting it again because I won’t stop working to educate computer users until every computer user knows these 10 skills.
Computers have become almost a main stream household appliance. Whether you have been using a computer for fifteen years or one, these skills should be second nature:
- Cut, Copy, Paste
- Print just what you want (word processing, email, web)
- Backup your address book
- Select (highlight) text or files
- Properly uninstall unwanted programs
- Burn a CD
- Download files from the Internet
- Use MSCONFIG ; Another MSCONFIG tip
- Search the Internet
- Attach Files to an email
If you already know how to do these skills, please pass this article along to someone who doesn’t…help me help other computer users.