If you own an iPhone or iPad, use this quick tip to use it to remind you to shut off your sprinkler, take the roast out of the oven, call a friend, pick up the dry cleaning (does anyone do this any more?), walk the dog, take your medicine, or anything else you need help remembering.
To create a reminder, follow these steps:
1. Press and hold the home key on the front of your iPhone or iPad until Siri is listening
2. State what you want to be reminded of and when…for example, say: “Remind me to shut off the porch lights at 10:00pm”
3. As soon as you pause, Siri will create the reminder for you
- Reminders are stored in the aptly named Reminders app on your iPhone or iPad. From there, you can delete or edit them.
- Keep in mind that you can create Reminders as far out into the future as you wish.
Watch this short video on how this tip works and please share it with your friends and family!