A caller recently inherited a computer with a password enabled for getting into Windows. Here are two ways to disable or delete the required password.
1. Turn on the computer.
2. Immediately begin pressing the F8 key over and over in about half second intervals.
3. A menu will come up asking how you want to boot – choose SAFE MODE.
4. Windows will come up with two user accounts, click on the Administrator account.
5. Once Windows starts up (it will look ugly, but work the same) go to Start->Control Panel.
6. Double-click on User Accounts.
This is where you have two choices:
Create a new user account using the option in menu and delete the old user accound
Click on the user account then click REMOVE PASSWORD.
Turn the computer off and back on and things should be back to normal.
Unless you are doing something super secret, we don't recommend putting paswords on user accounts.