Many people would like to print their address books as a backup. However, a better backup is to save your address book periodically on floppy disk.
1. Click on Communicator from the menus, click on Address Book.
2. Click on the File menu
3. Click on Export
4. Click in the “save in” box and choose Desktop
5. Name the file address
6. Click in the “save as type” box and choose tab delimited
7. Click on Save
8. Close the address book
9. Click on Communicator from the menus, click on Navigator
10. Click on File from the menus
11. Click on “Open Page”
12. Click on the Choose File button
13. Click in the Look In box and choose Desktop
14. Click in the Files of type box and choose All files
15. Double-click on the address file you created in steps 1-8
16. Click on File then Print
If you have a spreadsheet program, open the same file in that program for a better looking print out.
Next week I will discuss printing address books for Outlook express and AOL users.