One of my client’s today did not know how to transfer photos from her computer to a SD Card so she could utilize her digital picture frame she received at Christmas. She was amazed and relieved at how simple the steps were once I walked her through the process.
This method works for transferring any type of file from your computer to an external drive like a USB flash drive, external hard drive, or a memory card like shown here.
- Insert your memory card into the computer (or card reader…note too that newer digital cameras can act as a card reader as well)
- Click Start –> My Computer
- Double-click your memory card
- Click Start –> My Pictures (Pictures in Vista and Windows 7)
- Position the two windows side-by-side (see video below or click here for complete tutorial on using the title bar)
- Drag photos from your Pictures folders to external drive (Learn how to select multiple files here or here.)
Watch the video to see this tip in action!
Leave a Reply