Find and Replace

One often overlooked feature in word processing programs like Word, WordPerfect and even Microsoft Works is the Find and Replace function. It is used to locate and replace a frequent use of a word with a different word in a document. You might use it if you right contracts, leases or some other long document and need to make a quick change. Here’s how to use it:

  1. Open your document in your word processor
  2. Click Edit –>Replace from the menus
  3. Type a word or phrase in the "Find"  box
  4. Type the word or phrase that you want to replace the found word with in the "Replace" box
  5. Click Replace All

That’s it! Give it a try the next time you need to make a few adjustments in a document. 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email