This solution WILL fix your problem, but don’t run away afterwards and forget about us.
HelpMeRick.com contains hundreds of tips (and video tips) that YOU can use as a reference for yourself and
especially as a reference to send links to your friends/family so you don’t have to write out or explain the steps yourself!
I ran into this problem earlier this week and found the solution. The customer could not change his desktop background to any of the stock photos in Windows or his own photos…something that any Windows user should be able to do. Turns out that the root cause of the problem is spyware. Even after removing the spyware a registry (skeleton of Windows) entry gets left behind disabling the users ability to change the background. Deleting this entry restores the ability for the user to again have a normal functioning desktop.
WARNING: THIS SOLUTION IS ONLY FOR COMPUTERS THAT HAVE THIS SPECIFIC PROBLEM. AND IT IS INTENDED TO ONLY BE CARRIED OUT BY AN EXPERIENCED TECHNICIAN OR COMPUTER USER WITH REGISTRY EXPERIENCE.
- Click Start
- Click Run
- Type: regedit
- Navigate to the following registry entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
“Wallpaper”=SZ:C:\WINDOWS\desktop.html (yours might be slightly different)
- Click one time on the entry
- Push Delete on the keyboard
- Click Yes
- Close the Registry editor
HOW TO MAKE YOUR ICON TEXT TRANSPARENT:
1. Open the Control Panel
2. Click System
3. Click the Advanced tab
4. Click Settings in the Performance section
5. Check the “Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop” check box
6. Click OK until you close the windows
Please consider donating any amount to our cause by clicking the donate link on the right. Thanks.