I’ve mentioned before that I think that laptops make a lot of sense for computer users who travel. With a great deal of our communication and information gathering tied up in the computer world, not having this tool when traveling is a definite minus. My family and I just returned from a short trip where having our laptop with us saved us a lot of time and aggravation.
While traveling, we used the computer and a wi-fi connection (which was easy to find) to :
- Email relatives
- Access maps
- Compare shopping centers we were thinking of visiting
- Keep an eye on the weather
- Check road reports
- Find our favorite eateries
- Find independent coffee shops (we like them better than Starbucks)
- Download and look at pictures we took
- Stay current with news without having to wait for a newspaper or the evening news
I’m curious what other travelers use their laptops for on the road. Leave a comment and tell me your traveling laptop story or tip!